Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MD'10

For those of you who don't know, MD = Memorial Day (weekend). It is one of the best holidays in the world and most of the fun happens on Lake Martin. My parents have graciously allowed at least one day of the celebration to take place at their house and any friends who are in town are invited over. It is a day filled with swimming, boating, diving, jumping, zip-lining, flipping, and lots of laughing. I pretty much can't sleep the week before because of the excitement.

Although the ideal MD would consist of sunny skies and 85 degree weather, we have proved over the last couple of years that rain and lightning is NOT a deal breaker. 2005 was our inaugural MD celebration, so clearly the 5 year anniversary had to top them all regardless of the weather. Sun-bathing was replaced by socializing, cruising on the San-Pan was replaced by tubing in the rain, jumping off Chimney Rock was replaced by riding Hallie's zip line, and we added in a game of flip cup. This may or may not have escalated the wildness intensity of the party. Put it this way, I did feel the need to apologize to my parents and all the neighbors the next day. In retrospect, I would say that it was a fun day for everyone. If I remember the quote correctly, I believe it was the "best day of my life" according to one person in attendance. Thank you mom and dad! I already can't wait for MD'11!









2 comments:

Katie Beth Owens said...

Britt - that is a crazy top picture of me! Wow...

but, cute group shots! ;)

Lacey said...

BEST PICTURES EVER!!! MD rocks!! and so do the Bain parents--I guess I should say I'm sorry, too?! for the record?! for nearly dying on the zip line?