Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thrills and Spills


One of my best friends, Trevor Cobb, had an incredible bachelor party.  We went white water rafting on the Chattooga on the Georgia-South Carolina border.  It was a wonderful weekend with our group of friends.  We stayed in a little resort town that my family and I would frequent when we were growing up - http://skyvalley.com/.  It was the first time I'd been there since Princess Diana died.  Very nostalgic surroundings for me.

The white water rafting was awesome - some very real 'paddle or die' moments. 

This is not text book
(Please note that I was not on this boat)



Repercussions for non text book route
(notice Houston still paddling while outside the raft)


Text book
(I'm leading the charge on the front right)

Houston redeems himself from his earlier fall

This is when we almost died.  We got stuck in the water churning in circles.  Very scary.



1 comment:

Lacey said...

GEORGE! That's intense stuff. It was not that scary when I went with Britt and Camp Fire in 7th grade...